Tuesday, January 11, 2011

day 3 and beyond...


so day 3 did not go as well as I had hoped - he is definetly not potty trained but there has been progess. If he learned one thing it is that he can hold his pee for a very very long amount of time. Last night he peed at around 6 pm and then refused to go before he went to bed at 7:30 and when he woke up at 8 he was still dry and he didnt pee until 10 am. crazy - it is now 5:30 pm and he still hasn't peed again. so we have had no accidents but only for the fact that he is refusing to pee.  im tempted to put a pull up on him so he can pee bc i know he has to go.

i dont know why the program didn't work - but he is more aware of his body and does let me know when he has to go. I think I am going to keep him in his underwear at home but maybe use a pullup when we go out because for sanity issues I cannot just stay at home for weeks at a time.

i think part of his issue is that he is scared to pee on the potty - he screams any time that he does it so he is just holding it in so he doesn't have to do it. smart kid i guess. I might buy him this little urinal thing that I saw at babies r us - it probably would be super messy but I think he would use it!

if anyone has any potty training tips or ideas - i am open to any suggestions bc I am done w/ diapers for him so he is going to have to learn one way or the other!

1 comment:

  1. Does he have his own little potty seat? I know the clean up is a bit of work, but for my son it's the only way he would go at first. I got him a Winnie the Pooh (his fav. character) potty chair and he loves it. Now that he is a little bit better with the potty training I am able to put him onto the regular toilet when we are out in public without any screaming. Wal-mart carries folding traveling seats for public toilets. It goes with us everywhere when we're out. Good luck with the potty training. It has been the source of most of my gray hairs!

    ReplyDelete