just some random things that maybe you don't know about me ...
1. i have a compulsion with buying baby/kids clothes --- seriously I cannot go a week without buying something for the boys. i could probably avoid laundry for 3 months and they still would have plenty of clothes to wear.
2. i am pretty sure we shouldn't have named Mackey, Mackey. It just doesn't seem right and I'm having a hard to getting used to it. We had 17 names to choose from when he was born and I was on drugs and had a crazy birth certificate lady telling me I had to choose even before I had held him. That should not be legal.
3. We never say our kids middle names, never ever. The other day Brent actually asked me what Dash's middle name was. It's Harrison, if you are curious.
4. I last painted my toenails 3 days before Mackey was born. That was almost 6 months ago and there is still a little bit of the paint on my big toes.
5. I am not a homebody - it is hard for me to spend an entire day at home both during the week and on the weekends.
6. We eat out entirely too much - probably 4 nights a week, although we are getting better at it.
7. I love to travel --- but my passport has been expired for the last year. Lately, our trips end up just being to Indiana or Chicago.
8. I was a vegetarian for 10 years but now will eat chicken and fish ... I like to say I just don't eat mammels because humans are mammels.
9. I just watched Dash dump like half a shaker of black pepper on his bowl of goldfish crackers and he is still eating them.
10. We want to have at least one more baby --- probably in the next 3 years. I think it seems easier to get the baby stage over with all at once.
11. If I had unlimited money and a much bigger house - I would definetely have more than three kids.
12. Our 10 year plan (hopefully sooner) is to own and run our own beach resort on an island somewhere.
13. I hate our house but cannot sell it because noone wants to buy it right now. ugh.
14. There is a mysterious neighbor that mows our grass in the summer --- i have no idea who it is, but thank you stranger.
15. I love living where it is warm all year - I don't know how I would readjust to living where the winter is so cold and long again.
16. Dash eats a ridiculiously huge breakfast everyday - at least 2 eggs, an apple, a yogurt, goldfish crackers and some waffles. then he eats lunch 2 hours later.
17. Brent usually does most of our laundry because I hate it so much and usually just forget it in the washer for days at a time.
18. We love to go to baseball games in the summer - nothing like drinking beer, hanging out with good friends and watching baseball. go whitesox!
19. My drink of choice is vodka tonic with extra lime! yum.
20. My brown dog Allie has severe vet anxiety - which turns her into the craziest werewolf like creature, foaming from the mouth, shitting all over the walls, shedding all her hair, flinging her giant body around - this is after a very large tranqulizer. I now give her her shots myself and just pray she doesn't get too sick.
21. The day I bought Rocco, our border collie, my best friend and I drove from downtown Chicago to a farm an hour away to pick him and his sister, Georgie, up. I didn't tell Brent until I showed up at his work with Rocco - he didn't even acknowledge the cute puppy for 3 days because he was so mad. Now that same dog is Brent's shadow - he is obsessed with him to the point that it is annoying.
22. My hair is longer than it has ever been in my entire life - I am so tempted to cut it all off but I am going to try to keep it long for a little longer.
23. I like to repaint rooms in my house - we have lived here for 5 years and our bedroom has been 4 different colors.
24. I graduated both college and law school a semester early.
25. I love staying home with these kids but some days I think I might need to at least find a part time job for my sanity's sake. I don't think I want to work full time until they are in school.