Thursday, March 10, 2011

rain.

today it is raining. and usually i hate rain. it means we usually stay inside and try to find stuff to do all day. it means the dogs will bark at the thunder all day long and slowly drive me insane. but today i think I like the rain. we needed the rain and we needed some time at home. lately we have been go, go, go. today we are going to stay in our jammies and read books and watch movies together. if I am feeling brave maybe i will get the fingerpaints out - maybe. i will finally have the time to put away the 8 loads of folded laundry that have been sitting in baskets for the last week. i will cuddle the little babe on the couch and hold him as he fights a nasty cold. it is funny to think that I already needed a break from the "summer" days, but even 85 and sunny can get old and montomous after awhile. There is something about a gray and dreary day that allows you to finally start tackling things on your to do list, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything because I envision everyone else staying at home and trying to avoid getting wet. so today we stay home and recharge because I hear tomorrow is supposed to be 85 agan and I am pretty sure the beach is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment